Driving big rig trucks and 18-wheelers for a living can take a significant toll on the body. Sitting for long periods, leaning over a steering wheel, and the stress of transporting thousands of pounds worth of materials can cause a series of health complications that have long-term implications. Fortunately, our College Park Chiropractors have advice and treatment that can help professional truck drivers live healthier.
A few simple actions professional truck drivers can take to maintain positive health as they drive for eight or more hours at a time include:
- Adjust your grip on the steering wheel several times each hour
- Keep your hands relaxed when gripping the steering wheel
- Add a cover to the steering wheel to keep your hands comfortable
- Position the driver’s seat so that your arms are slightly bent and your back is set in an upright position
- Make sure that your knees are even with your hips
- Try to keep your elbows positioned close to each side of your chest when holding the steering wheel
- Keep your body set at a 110-degree angle
- Use a seat cushion to reduce vibrations
College Park Chiropractic Treatment For Professional Truck Drivers
If you drive trucks for a living and notice the following health issues, contact our College Park Chiropractic clinic to schedule a free consultation or a complete examination:
- Back pain
- Wrist pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip pain
- Neck pain
- Recurring tingling sensations in your legs or feet
Although it is common to experience aches and pains occasionally if you notice any pain last for more than ten days, it’s essential to seek professional Chiropractic Treatment. A Chiropractor is specifically trained to treat musculoskeletal conditions and can help identify potential risk factors that may have profound health consequences if left alone.
Through Chiropractic Adjustments and dietary support, our team can help you stay healthy while you maintain your career. Contact our office to learn more about the health benefits of Chiropractic care. We offer free consultations, are open Monday through Sunday, and welcome walk-in visits to align with your hectic schedule. Dial (404) 592-0319 to speak with one of our staff members about your needs.