Research shows that auto accident victims tend to experience permanent damage to their body because most injuries are not readily detectable.
Depending on the extent of your car accident in College Park, you might need to go to the emergency room. Here, doctors and nurses are primarily focused on addressing injuries that are considered to be severe, such as excessive bleeding and broken limbs.
The issue with this type of focus is that it fails to treat medical conditions that are not immediately visible after an accident.
There is a very real possibility that other injuries could exist depending on the type of accident you were involved in.
College Park Chiropractic Care Following An Auto Accident
One of the more common, as well as one of the most undiagnosed conditions associated with car accidents is Whiplash.
This particular condition occurs when your head abruptly jerks either forward or backward, while in a set position. When left untreated, the health and condition of your nervous system can dramatically diminish and lead to long-term damage, including:
- Loss of mobility
- Pulsating pain
- Vision defects
- Shoulder pain
- Lower back pain
- Disturbed sleep
- Severe neck stiffness.
Visiting A College Park Chiropractor After An Auto Accident
By visiting a Chiropractor after an accident, your doctor can apply appropriate adjustments that realign the bones in your back and neck, relieve you of any pain you’re experiencing, and reboot your mobility.
Other conditions and considerations exist for why you need to visit a Chiropractor immediately following an auto accident.
If you are the victim of a recent car accident, here are nine reasons why you should schedule an appointment with us, as soon as possible.
- Any long-term damage and negative consequences associated with internal injuries can not be resolved through medication.
- Car accidents can cause bulging discs that are extremely painful.
- The symptoms you can experience after an accident are not always felt right away, and may limit your mobility later in life.
- Connecting nerves that run throughout your body can get stretched beyond their limitations, causing them to strain or completely tear.
- The chances of your vertebrae becoming dislocated are significantly high.
- Your skeletal system is especially prone to damage from a head-on or side collision. Any damage applied to this area of your body can adversely diminish the functionality of your: nerves, blood vessels, spine, muscles, and joints.
- The chances of you suffering from long-term damage increase the longer you go without seeking Chiropractic help.
- While any immediate pain may subside soon after your accident, the impact of the situation can likely lead to some degeneration or disability later in life.
- Visiting a Chiropractor on a monthly basis can prevent you from having to go through invasive surgery.